Sunday 15 July 2012

Bookbinding!!!

Hi there!
It is SCORCHING hot here in Athens… and the only way to survive is with the aircon on!
Saturday was spent with friends, and the result was this beautiful book!

Final

Yes, I made it! wow!! It is my first attempt at bookbinding, but totally satisfying when a pile of papers take shape into a book that can be used for art journalling, doodling and whatever else the moment calls for.

I bound the book using 190gms bristol paper, which might be too thin for serious art journalling, I am thinking I might have to use the pages two at a time  (this is all I had on hand, so went ahead and used it). I also had some heavier textured stock on hand, in a cream but that was a little smaller than the 25X17.5cm format of my other pages. These pages, I bound in the centre of each signature, and thought this would add a little interest to the journalling later on. I used my papers for the covers, and am very very pleased with the result! This is definitely a project I will be repeating!
Let me know what you think!
Thanx for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Μπράβο Νεκταρίνι! Τέλειο!

    ReplyDelete
  2. τρελαίνομαι για αυτό το συνδιασμό χρωμάτων, οτι φτιάχνεις είναι υπέροχο Νεκταρίνι μου!!!Φιλάκια πολλά θα σε δω αυριο;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Αγαπη έγινε υπέροχο!!!! τα χαρτιά σου ειναι ΑΠΙΘΑΝΑ!!! μπράβο μπράβο μπράβο...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Νεκταρία είναι καταπληκτικό!!!!Και τα χαρτιά σου φοβερά!!Χίλια μπράβο!!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails