Saturday 1 December 2012

Christmas Cheer Lives Here!

It is the beginning of a new month, everyone who already hasn't, is decorating their tree!
Unfortunately, I am struggling to get into the Christmas spirit. Memories of childhood years where Christmas was spent with the WHOLE family at my uncle's farm, all the cousins playing together, one of our uncles getting dressed as "farther Christmas" (as we call Santa in South Africa), make this time of year a little sad for me... wishing for days gone by.

Needless to say, I needed some cheering up...
SO, I decided I needed to get my paints, paste, brushes and stencils out, and just play!!
And play I did... you DO NOT want to see my desk after this little excercise! xi xi xi.
The result was this little canvas, that I call... Christmas Cheer Lives Here.
It will be hung on my door, to remind me that Christmas is meant to be a happy time of sharing, and that you can share even across great distances (thank goodness for technology!)

So back to business...
This is the sketch that Katerina of Scrapgreece designed for the December challenge.


You may enter with a layout, a card, an art journal page, a canvas, whatever inspires you as long as you follow the sketch.
I turned it clockwise on it's side, cut up some papers from Echo Park, took out my paints and inks... paste and stencils thin canvas fabric.... yellow glitter paper.... texture stamps and stazon ink....
and came up with this canvas....




I used the paste and stencils on the fabric to add texture to my tree....
you can see in the detail shots..


Come on over to the Scrapgreece blog, and play with us. As always, this challenge is open to ALL GREEKS whereever you may be on this planet!

Thank you for stopping by! Hoping to see your






5 comments:

  1. απλά απίθανο! πολύ θα ήθελα να ήμουνα πόρτα και να το είχα για παρέα τις φετινές γιορτές (χιχιχι!!). Καλό και γιορτινό μήνα να έχουμε Νεκταρία!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Καλά είναι καταπληκτικό! Νεκταρία έγραψες!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Νεκταρία πραγματικά έγραψες!Υπέροχο είναι!
    Καλό μήνα Νεκταρία μου!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing ... totally amazing ... you never cease to amaze me!!!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails